Mason & Marlee

Mason & Marlee
Our Family... Mason (3.5), Scott, Me and Marlee (1.5)

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Good Bye Paci's!!

I feel like I am more emotional than Mason about this but today we said good-bye to paci's forever!!  He was addicted from day 1, so 2 and nearly a half years later it's all we knew!  Lately he has been pulling them with his teeth causing them to rip and tear and when I am up in the middle of the night and my mind begins to drift I fear that he will be tearing them and choke.  So after last night's worries I decided we could do it today.  I immediately began telling him mommy was worried because the paci's were dangerous because his teeth kept tearing them.  I asked him if there was something I could buy him that would be a good deal for him to throw away his paci's.  He said a robot right away and that reminded me of this cool robot his buddy Ace got for Christmas.  It's something I have been wanting to get him, but his b-day isn't until September so this became the perfect occasion!  I showed him online and pumped him all day that he would get the robot dinosaur and in exchange he would throw away the paci's.  He missed nap today but we gathered all the paci's and brought them downstairs in a pile.  My dad (my wonderful, wonderful dad!) drove to Muncie to get the dino for Mace and arrived around 5.  It was a disappointment when we realized Spike had to charge for 4 hours!!   I think Mason felt ripped off and asked for the paci's back once, but then when Spike came to life he quickly became his best buddy!  I'll keep you posted on the ease of the situation, but whether it goes smoothly or rough we are sticking to it and the paci is gone!  Here are some pics I wanted to share of our time with the wonderful paci!
 
Mason with his new BFF, Spike!
Throwing those paci's away!
Christmas morning: notice how they are on his fingers too!  It wasn't uncommon to find him with each finger tip adorned with a paci.  Mimi once said he looked like Edward Scissor Hands!  He rubs the paci's in his eyes too as he winds down.... Weird!
Peace-Out Paci!
On his 2nd Birthday.
This I may miss, my cuddles with Mason and Paci... Here he is bonding with Marlee!
Lounging as a little man!
Playing with Paci
It's always been around...
Since the day he was born!!
Good-Bye Paci!! We'll really miss you (but I'm sure the dentist won't!!)

See you soon!

1 comment:

Preston said...

YEAH MASON!!!!! What a big boy for being done with the paci. Julie - better watch out for the pink ones :) He may steal those in the middle of the night!!