Mason & Marlee

Mason & Marlee
Our Family... Mason (3.5), Scott, Me and Marlee (1.5)

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Precious Earrings

Today was a pretty big day in my little 8 week olds life.  We had her 2 month follow up, which all you mama's out there know means round 1 of immunizations!!  From going through this once before I do remember that this 2 month is actually the best, as they get older the crying and pain seems to get worse and the process is harder on everyone.  Now, having a strong obsession with jewelry and loving fun earrings I guess I made a decision for me and Marlee to go ahead and get the torture over with and pierce those ears.  I don't know what it is about an infant with earrings, but it is something I have always known I wanted and I wanted asap!  When I was a little girl my most favorite baby doll's name was "Precious Earrings" and she had her ears pierced and a paci!!   An offshoot funny story...
When my brothers oldest girl was a baby one day he was talking to her in baby talk and called her Precious Earrings!!! My sister in law was like, What the hell!!??  Where did that name come from!  He had to babysit her a lot while growing up!  Sorry, back to today...
My original plan was actually to see if the doctor would do it at the hospital but with all of Marlee's drama (an IV for 6 days and tons of pricks for blood work and labs) I decided to hold off.  But now that I have a healthy infant I was ready to roll!  My doctor prefers to do it at this age too, and luckily she is the one that does it.  It made me feel really safe as opposed to the 17 year old at Claires!  So, in addition to 2 shots she also got 2 holes!!  Of course she wailed and it wasn't pleasant but as you will see in the pic's later she was feeling better and enjoying those flashy ears!  
She weighed in at 11 pounds, 4 ounces and was 23 inches long!!  She's really growing.  (7.13 and 20 inches long at birth.)  You will also notice her birth mark on her head in one of the pictures.  It is called a strawberry hemangioma and is a birth mark that continues growing through about the first 6 months.  So of course I wanted an absolutely perfect baby, but this is a birthmark that will eventually go away and in no way is harmful to her health.  So she has a birthmark on her head--big deal right!! :)

Here we are calming down and getting the pep talk from mommy!


Here is Dr. Fox and her nurse getting the job done.  Marlee was a real trooper!


The final result, a beautifully decorated ear!


After the nap, a very happy baby just loving those earrings.  She already asked daddy for diamonds!!

 Hope you can see Precious Earrings soon!  

2 comments:

The Manrings said...

Oh congrats on Marlee's new pierced ears. How adorable! Glad her check up and shots all went smoothly. Love the new pics!!! ps. don't you just want to put a cute headband on her everyday...i cant get enough! hehehehehe

Julie said...

Yes, I love headbands!! I saw you are obsessed too!! Sammy always has a cute one on! I can't wait to see her this winter! Take care, love looking at your blog!
Everyone that comes in loves the Pumpkin pic--she's so cute!
~Julie