Mason & Marlee

Mason & Marlee
Our Family... Mason (3.5), Scott, Me and Marlee (1.5)

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

Ahhhh...Halloween.  Not just another day with a 2 year old and an infant.  It's hard enough to get out of the house, but to do it in costumes is "trick" in itself!!  Especially when a 2 year old has changed his mind and the 6 week old is too small for her massive costume!
Mason would not pose for me in Cookie!!  I am just lucky I got him in the costume on Halloween!  A few days before he decided he wanted to be Bob  the Builder.  I have learned the hard way I can't plan ahead with this kiddo! Mason gets very involved in something and obsesses for about 2 weeks, then it's on to something else.  I let him pick the costume a couple months before Halloween because I wasn't sure I could find what I wanted later and new with a new baby I wouldn't have the time to get out and shop for a costume.  So, he chose Cookie.  I had to pull out some old Sesame Streets I had DVR'd morning of and pull out a Cookie Monster book he was done with hoping he would put on that darn costume to go Trick or Treating in!  It worked!  I just didn't get a pose!  He really decided he liked the costume then too, he wouldn't let me take it off of him for nap time.  He liked trick or treating, but I think next year is the year he'll really get into it.  He did like the candy...but he liked Nona's clementine's even more!

We went to visit Mee Maw (Scott's grandma) and this was her first time meeting Marlee.  It went well, Marlee was a very happy baby and liked Mee Maw a whole bunch!!  I think Mee Maw smiled a whole lot too, Mason was chatty and Marlee was adorable!

Marlee's panda was a bit too large, so she kept ending up in this onsie, her pink tights and her shiny Mary Janes!!!  I actually think I liked this outfit better too!  Here she is on Mimi's lap.

Trick or treating the night before as our "make-shift" Bob the Builder!  Mimi and Poppy's was a hot spot!  Thanks for the treats!Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa J Merrill's (my grandparents) were on our list the night before too.  Mason had a great time and really liked the puzzle and M and M's!
Grandma holding our sleepy little Panda Bear!!

Daddy with his snuggly Panda Bear!!  Again, I bought this outfit a couple months before Halloween and it was pretty big.  Probably would have fit better if she were a few months older, but it said 0-6!!  I'm thinking 6 would have been better!
Here's Bob walking up to the door of Mimi and Poppy's.  Poppy taught him to say "Trick or Treat, Smell my feet, give me something good to eat!!"  

No comments: