Mason & Marlee

Mason & Marlee
Our Family... Mason (3.5), Scott, Me and Marlee (1.5)

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Busy Week!

We had a very eventful week last week.  Here are the pics of all our events!

Bob the Builder...
 Last Wednesday night we took Mason to his first "Show", it was "Bob the Builder!!!"  We bought the tickets when it was phasing out of Masons "must-watch" shows, but we knew he would still enjoy the show since he knows all the characters.  He was one of the younger ones in the audience, and a little overwhelmed by the whole experience.  Scott and I took him to Applebee's before for dinner and then off the Wabash to the Honeywell center--so  nice and close for us!!  So, of course I totally overdressed us---I need to remember I live in Marion now! But it was a very fun night for all 3 of us.  Thanks to Mimi and Poppy for watching baby girl.  

Before we even went in we had to hit up the tee-shirt stand! 
The man of the hour, Bob!
Silly boy after the show, we had to watch Bob all the way home in the truck.
At the show, he was on my lap the whole night.  Not too much emotion at first, but by the end he was clapping and we were all blowing the windmills!
So Scott is going to kill me for posting this, but hey--he did it!  He fit right in!


Around the house... Just a cute pic I wanted to post of Mason pushing Marlee's button!!!!  (that's what we call her hemangioma!)

Marlee's First Food...
Saturday morning we gave Marlee her first meal, yummy rice cereal!!  She didn't take quite as quickly as I remember her big brother.  I don't think she even got a full bite in!!  We'll keep trying!
Here she is after a few spoonfuls!
Looks like she may have it, but she kept grabbing the spoon and pushing the food out with her tongue.  It may be awhile for her to figure out how to open and chew and not to try and suck!

Mimi's Birthday...
Saturday night we had my brother and his wife, their kids, my dad's parents, my parents and their best friends over for dinner cooked by Chef Scottie! This has been a tradition we started a few years back.  Scott made chicken parmesan for Mimi and company and we had eggplant parmesan for us veggies (and Staci)!  It was sooooooo good!  He made wonderful appetizers, we had plenty of wine and finished the night with a wonderful cake from Heavenly Sweets!!!! Yumm-O!

Here's a pic of Mimi with her newest grand-baby Marlee!
Here is a picture of the family, can't believe we are all looking at the camera!
Mimi and bearded Poppy, Mason and Marlee
Mimi with the rest of her babies, Jackson, Anna, Mason and Avery
Happy Birthday Mimi!!!!!!!

PS--I am now the VP of the Humane Society Board here in Marion.  Call me if you need a dog or cat--and remember, Have your pets spayed or neutered!!!!!
See you soon!

2 comments:

Preston said...

Julie - Those are GREAT pictures! Looks like you all had fun with Bob the Builder. Justin will be so proud :) He is hoping Preston takes to it too. Give those little ones a kiss for me, and Preston likes his rice cereal about as much as Marlee!!

Kristen said...

when did you become involved in the humane society? tell me more about that. you are just a go- getter!!